About the artist
Sasha Sokolova — Russian modern artist. Lives and works between Moscow and Barcelona. Made personal exhibitions in Russia, Poland, and Germany.
- 2019: July, 9 - August, 7 - personal exhibition "Splash" in Artis Gallery (Moscow Contemporary Art Center Winzavod). Bright artworks made by Sasha embodied fantasies-memories about ideal summer. Organizers compared the artist`s style with the patience of Los Angeles elite houses of 1960-1970-s, which is characteristic of the works of David Hockney. However, Sasha refers to her childhood memories of a small swimming pool on a dacha in the Moscow region, which united all family members. In her interpretation, a swimming pool is a place of power and union, and the main symbol of it is a splash.
- 2019: February, 2 - March, 3 - group exhibition Big City Life of Artis Gallery in the Red Workshop of Winzavod. Sasha Sokolova showed series of paintings about Barcelona.
- 2018: May, 8 - 31 - presentation of the special project "364 days" in Pop Up Museum in Moscow.
- 2017: November, 11 - December, 9 - personal exhibition Momentos in Galerie Vinogradov Berlin in Germany.
- 2017: October, 13 - November, 5 - Conversations in Sztuka Wyboru Galeria in Gdańsk (Poland).