From 12 July, RakovGallery presents Anastasiya Popova's personal exhibition of landscape paintings. Unlike many landscape painters, who follow the traditions of the Russian Realistic landscape, Anastasia Popova has chosen a different artistic path and developed her own manner of depicting nature. Balancing on the verge of abstraction, the artist's paintings are distinguished by their simplicity. Instead of going into the smallest details and painting each leaf, blade of grass or pebble in her landscapes, Anastasia Popova uses large colour spots and wide planes conveying the endless depth of the sky, the smooth surface of water, the vastness of seacoasts or plains. Built on close colour nuances, the artist's landscapes rather create a mood and form a generalised image of nature than depict specific recognisable places on Earth. This makes us think about the integrity, inclusiveness and unity, which characterise nature on a global scale. It is possible to determine which area is depicted in the painting only by reading the title that the artist has given to their piece. Not only is Anastasiya Popova inspired by the native Ural forests and rivers, but she also admires the Baltic, the Gulf of Finland, the noble coldness of the North Sea, the grandeur and vastness of Scottish nature and its mysterious lakes. The artist notes that the main theme of their paintings has always been the search for harmony through the perfection and beauty of nature. In her paintings, Anastasia Popova applies subtle colour nuances and gentle shades. Smooth, calm horizontal lines prevailing in the paintings and the square shape of compositions further enhance the impression of harmony, tranquillity and serenity. Most of the artist's works are inspired by trips to different cities and countries. Anastasia Popova captures the majesty of nature and the variability of her states. This approach allows the viewer to find balance in the fast-paced life. To purchase the artist's works, please contact the gallery staff. The exhibition is open from 12 July to 30 August 2021, at the RakovGalley. Address: Ekaterinburg, 4D Gorkogo str. Phone: +7 (343) 207-49-90.
Space and Silence: Personal Exhibition of Anastasia Popova
On 12 July, a personal exhibition of the artist Anastasiya Popova opens at the RakovGallery in Ekaterinburg
News of our gallery
- Why are contemporary art fairs needed in Russia?
- Poetic realism of the artist Anna Berezovskaya
- Monumental painting by Vladimir Kirillov
- Main issues of the upcoming International cultural forum in St. Petersburg, 2019
- Abstract surrealism in Yevgeny Guselnikov's painting
- What you need to know about the 58th Venice Biennale?
- Rustem Khuzin. A look into a new reality
- RakovGallery in St. Petersburg celebrates its third anniversary!
- How to choose a painting for the interior?
- The problem of ecology as a new trend in contemporary art
- Hyperrealism in the works of Russian artists
- Dmitry Balakhonov - Marine element in painting
- Microcosms in the works of Yuri Pervushin
- The creative world of Alisher Kushakov
- Naked art
- Art investment
- Images Filled with Simplicity: the Art of Nikolai Reznichenko
- Dreams of Beauty: the Art of Alla Lipatova and Nikolai Reznichenko
- The Silhouettes of Eternity. Paintings and graphic arts by Yuri Pervushin
- Staying true to his aesthetics and artistic views, Yuri Pervushin solves pictorial problems using bright, contrasting colours in his artworks. Many of the artist's new pieces are notable for their unusual colour motives.
- On the one hand, Alexandr Grekov follows traditions of the Russian realist school, and his paintings impress viewers with a high level of mastery of the oil painting technique. But on the other hand, the artist's works differ significantly from the pieces of the classics of Russian art by unusual composition and subjects.
- The Сonsonance of Сolour and Poetry in the Art-Project "Heavenly Chancellery" by the Artist Alexander Oligerov
- Cityscapes of the capital of the Urals by the artist-traveller Sergey Prokhorov
- Landscapes of Anastasiya Popova, the artist from Perm, balancing on the verge of Abstract art
- Exhibition of Anastasia Nesterova`s artworks in Saint Petersburg
- To ensure better presence and recognition abroad, RakovGallery has started collaboration with the travel guide kayak.com
- Artist talk. Yuri Pervushin
- An Intimate Dialogue with a Painting: Versatile Creativity and the Artist's Sources of Inspiration.
- History of the Art Gallery
- Combining a variety of stylistic features and references to different cultures and countries, the paintings of the artist Olga Suvorova impress art connoisseurs and collectors from all over the world.
- Stanislav Krupp: the Artist Inspired by Art Nouveau.
- Artist talk. Alexander Saidov
- Artist talk. Leonid Varushkin
- In her watercolours, the artist Natalya Dmitrieva shares the impressions of her trips around Russia and abroad.