Sergei Airo: Journey through the Fairy-Tale Worlds
On 10th April, for the first time in Ekaterinburg RakovGallery presents personal exhibition of Sergei Airo.
The paintings are dedicated to mysterious celestial beings, the images are surrounded with mystical light. Although it is not easy to define the genre of these works, the images of mythical animals and fantastic silhouettes of flying models in beautiful outfits are meant to impress viewers. Adults love fairy tales no less than children, and it is no coincidence that Sergei Airo's works are filled with fantasy and the atmosphere of miracles. The author invites viewers to take a journey through these magical worlds. In his paintings, Airo combines the past and the future, and invites viewers to perceive this combination in the present. Each work is accompanied by a story, which the author is willing to tell.
In his works, Sergei Airo creates and applies his own techniques of painting. For instance, he uses the effect of artificially aged painting surface. According to the artist, the idea of aging paintings is rooted in family history.
Sergei Airo is in constant creative search, he produces paintings, interior decoration objects and installations.
To purchase the artist's works, please contact the gallery staff.
The exhibition is open from 7 March to 6 April 2021, at the RakovGalley. Address: Ekaterinburg, 4D Gorkogo str. Phone: +7 (343) 207-49-90.
- Why are contemporary art fairs needed in Russia?
- Poetic realism of the artist Anna Berezovskaya
- The age of Modernity in Stanislav Krupp's painting
- Monumental painting by Vladimir Kirillov
- Main issues of the upcoming International cultural forum in St. Petersburg, 2019
- Abstract surrealism in Yevgeny Guselnikov's painting
- What you need to know about the 58th Venice Biennale?
- Rustem Khuzin. A look into a new reality
- RakovGallery in St. Petersburg celebrates its third anniversary!
- How to choose a painting for the interior?
- The problem of ecology as a new trend in contemporary art
- Hyperrealism in the works of Russian artists
- Dmitry Balakhonov - Marine element in painting
- Microcosms in the works of Yuri Pervushin
- The creative world of Alisher Kushakov
- Naked art
- Gustav Klimt, World of Art, Olga Suvorova. What do they have in common?
- Art investment
- Images Filled with Simplicity: the Art of Nikolai Reznichenko
- Dreams of Beauty: the Art of Alla Lipatova and Nikolai Reznichenko
- The Silhouettes of Eternity. Paintings and graphic arts by Yuri Pervushin
- History of the art gallery
- Staying true to his aesthetics and artistic views, Yuri Pervushin solves pictorial problems using bright, contrasting colours in his artworks. Many of the artist's new pieces are notable for their unusual colour motives.
- On the one hand, Alexandr Grekov follows traditions of the Russian realist school, and his paintings impress viewers with a high level of mastery of the oil painting technique. But on the other hand, the artist's works differ significantly from the pieces of the classics of Russian art by unusual composition and subjects.
- The Сonsonance of Сolour and Poetry in the Art-Project "Heavenly Chancellery" by the Artist Alexander Oligerov
- Cityscapes of the capital of the Urals by the artist-traveller Sergey Prokhorov
- Landscapes of Anastasiya Popova, the artist from Perm, balancing on the verge of Abstract art
- Exhibition of Anastasia Nesterova`s artworks in Saint Petersburg