LESSONS OF THE UNFORGOTTEN PAST: personal exhibition of Alexander Grekov
On March 7th, for the first time in Ekaterinburg RakovGallery presents personal exhibition of the artist Alexander Grekov.
The exhibition features about 60 paintings. In his work, the artist follows the traditions of the Russian realistic school. The paintings of Alexander Grekov impress viewers with their high level of mastery of the oil painting technique. However, the artist's works differ significantly from the pieces of the classics of Russian art, because Alexander Grekov uses non-standard compositional approaches and selects unusual subjects for artworks. This allows the artist to reveal their conceptual ideas about the course of the historical process and the fate of their native country.
Not only the pieces of Alexander Grekov are notable due to the large formats, but they are also peculiar stylistically. Grekov's artistic manner is recognisable, and the subjects of the artist's works encourage viewers to think about pressing life issues. Comprehending the historical realities of the past, the artist expresses his opinion about the present and shares his expectations of the future. "Dead inventory" and ruins in Grekov's paintings are not just silent witnesses of past historical events. Ruined old cars, factories and houses, created by our predecessors, are comparable to the collapsed dreams of Soviet people, who were striving for the "bright future."
Alexander Grekov uses traditional oil painting technique, composition and other media to deliver his ideas to viewers. In his paintings, the artist depicts the world as he sees and comprehends it, and he also demonstrates their attitude to this world.
To purchase the artist's works, please contact the gallery staff.
The exhibition is open from 7 March to 6 April 2021, at the RakovGalley. Address: Ekaterinburg, 4D Gorkogo str. Phone: +7 (343) 207-49-90.
- Why are contemporary art fairs needed in Russia?
- Poetic realism of the artist Anna Berezovskaya
- Monumental painting by Vladimir Kirillov
- Main issues of the upcoming International cultural forum in St. Petersburg, 2019
- Abstract surrealism in Yevgeny Guselnikov's painting
- What you need to know about the 58th Venice Biennale?
- Rustem Khuzin. A look into a new reality
- RakovGallery in St. Petersburg celebrates its third anniversary!
- How to choose a painting for the interior?
- The problem of ecology as a new trend in contemporary art
- Hyperrealism in the works of Russian artists
- Dmitry Balakhonov - Marine element in painting
- Microcosms in the works of Yuri Pervushin
- The creative world of Alisher Kushakov
- Naked art
- Art investment
- Images Filled with Simplicity: the Art of Nikolai Reznichenko
- Dreams of Beauty: the Art of Alla Lipatova and Nikolai Reznichenko
- The Silhouettes of Eternity. Paintings and graphic arts by Yuri Pervushin
- Staying true to his aesthetics and artistic views, Yuri Pervushin solves pictorial problems using bright, contrasting colours in his artworks. Many of the artist's new pieces are notable for their unusual colour motives.
- On the one hand, Alexandr Grekov follows traditions of the Russian realist school, and his paintings impress viewers with a high level of mastery of the oil painting technique. But on the other hand, the artist's works differ significantly from the pieces of the classics of Russian art by unusual composition and subjects.
- The Сonsonance of Сolour and Poetry in the Art-Project "Heavenly Chancellery" by the Artist Alexander Oligerov
- Cityscapes of the capital of the Urals by the artist-traveller Sergey Prokhorov
- Landscapes of Anastasiya Popova, the artist from Perm, balancing on the verge of Abstract art
- Exhibition of Anastasia Nesterova`s artworks in Saint Petersburg
- To ensure better presence and recognition abroad, RakovGallery has started collaboration with the travel guide kayak.com
- Artist talk. Yuri Pervushin
- An Intimate Dialogue with a Painting: Versatile Creativity and the Artist's Sources of Inspiration.
- Stanislav Krupp: the Artist Inspired by Art Nouveau.
- Combining a variety of stylistic features and references to different cultures and countries, the paintings of the artist Olga Suvorova impress art connoisseurs and collectors from all over the world.
- History of the Art Gallery