From the liberal view in the classical era to the conservative style of the Middle ages and the famous hills of the Renaissance – interest in nudity has always existed.
The genre of "Nude" (an abbreviation of the French word nudité — "nakedness, nudity") is experiencing a new boom now. Stigma, taboos associated with the body, seem completely irrelevant to a Western audience because the mass culture is already accustomed to healthy thoughts – all bodies are perfect.
The art of Stripping
News of our gallery
- Why are contemporary art fairs needed in Russia?
- Poetic realism of the artist Anna Berezovskaya
- Monumental painting by Vladimir Kirillov
- Main issues of the upcoming International cultural forum in St. Petersburg, 2019
- Abstract surrealism in Yevgeny Guselnikov's painting
- What you need to know about the 58th Venice Biennale?
- Rustem Khuzin. A look into a new reality
- RakovGallery in St. Petersburg celebrates its third anniversary!
- How to choose a painting for the interior?
- The problem of ecology as a new trend in contemporary art
- Hyperrealism in the works of Russian artists
- Dmitry Balakhonov - Marine element in painting
- Microcosms in the works of Yuri Pervushin
- The creative world of Alisher Kushakov
- Art investment
- Images Filled with Simplicity: the Art of Nikolai Reznichenko
- Dreams of Beauty: the Art of Alla Lipatova and Nikolai Reznichenko
- The Silhouettes of Eternity. Paintings and graphic arts by Yuri Pervushin
- Staying true to his aesthetics and artistic views, Yuri Pervushin solves pictorial problems using bright, contrasting colours in his artworks. Many of the artist's new pieces are notable for their unusual colour motives.
- On the one hand, Alexandr Grekov follows traditions of the Russian realist school, and his paintings impress viewers with a high level of mastery of the oil painting technique. But on the other hand, the artist's works differ significantly from the pieces of the classics of Russian art by unusual composition and subjects.
- The Сonsonance of Сolour and Poetry in the Art-Project "Heavenly Chancellery" by the Artist Alexander Oligerov
- Cityscapes of the capital of the Urals by the artist-traveller Sergey Prokhorov
- Landscapes of Anastasiya Popova, the artist from Perm, balancing on the verge of Abstract art
- Exhibition of Anastasia Nesterova`s artworks in Saint Petersburg
- To ensure better presence and recognition abroad, RakovGallery has started collaboration with the travel guide kayak.com
- Artist talk. Yuri Pervushin
- An Intimate Dialogue with a Painting: Versatile Creativity and the Artist's Sources of Inspiration.
- History of the Art Gallery
- Artist talk. Leonid Varushkin
- Combining a variety of stylistic features and references to different cultures and countries, the paintings of the artist Olga Suvorova impress art connoisseurs and collectors from all over the world.
- Stanislav Krupp: the Artist Inspired by Art Nouveau.
- Artist talk. Alexander Saidov