We introduce the new rubric with the interviews of RakovGallery artists.
The first hero of the interview is Yuri Pervushin, St. Petersburg artist. We met in his workshop and talked about the process of creating artworks, the choice of materials and the artist`s role in the modern world.
Artist talk. Yuri Pervushin
Artist talk. Yuri Pervushin
About the beggining of the artist`s career
My first professional education was at an art college in Sverdlovsk, then I entered the Saint Petersburg Academy of Fine Arts, graduated from the Faculty of Graphics. Since the education of an artist at the Academy of Arts was quite traditional, soon this was not enough for me. We created an art group with my several classmates and began to engage in creative searches actively. In 1993, we had our first exhibition abroad, in Belgium. In my senior year, I became a laureate of a competition in Paris dedicated to the interpretation of Poussin paintings, and participated in an exhibition in France. From these small but important victories, the beginning of my creative path was formed.
About the inspiration
About the hidden message of art
About the creative process
I work in cycles. I have about thirty series dedicated to certain subjects. I return to some series after a few years and interpret them in my work in a new way. This is what happened with leaves: in the 1990s, I painted leaves with an emphasis on the generalized state of nature. In 2021, I returned to this topic, but now I am exploring a separate leaf as a macrocosm with its own laws, concentrating only on it. I also often take photographs of objects, then to depict them on canvas, interpreting them in my own way and adding my own vision. As a result, if you compare a photograph and the final painting, you get two completely different things.
About the artist`s role
News of our gallery
- Why are contemporary art fairs needed in Russia?
- Poetic realism of the artist Anna Berezovskaya
- Monumental painting by Vladimir Kirillov
- Main issues of the upcoming International cultural forum in St. Petersburg, 2019
- Abstract surrealism in Yevgeny Guselnikov's painting
- What you need to know about the 58th Venice Biennale?
- Rustem Khuzin. A look into a new reality
- RakovGallery in St. Petersburg celebrates its third anniversary!
- How to choose a painting for the interior?
- The problem of ecology as a new trend in contemporary art
- The creative world of Alisher Kushakov
- Naked art
- Art investment
- Images Filled with Simplicity: the Art of Nikolai Reznichenko
- Dreams of Beauty: the Art of Alla Lipatova and Nikolai Reznichenko
- The Silhouettes of Eternity. Paintings and graphic arts by Yuri Pervushin
- Staying true to his aesthetics and artistic views, Yuri Pervushin solves pictorial problems using bright, contrasting colours in his artworks. Many of the artist's new pieces are notable for their unusual colour motives.
- On the one hand, Alexandr Grekov follows traditions of the Russian realist school, and his paintings impress viewers with a high level of mastery of the oil painting technique. But on the other hand, the artist's works differ significantly from the pieces of the classics of Russian art by unusual composition and subjects.
- The Сonsonance of Сolour and Poetry in the Art-Project "Heavenly Chancellery" by the Artist Alexander Oligerov
- Cityscapes of the capital of the Urals by the artist-traveller Sergey Prokhorov
- Landscapes of Anastasiya Popova, the artist from Perm, balancing on the verge of Abstract art
- Exhibition of Anastasia Nesterova`s artworks in Saint Petersburg
- To ensure better presence and recognition abroad, RakovGallery has started collaboration with the travel guide kayak.com
- An Intimate Dialogue with a Painting: Versatile Creativity and the Artist's Sources of Inspiration.
- History of the Art Gallery
- Combining a variety of stylistic features and references to different cultures and countries, the paintings of the artist Olga Suvorova impress art connoisseurs and collectors from all over the world.
- Stanislav Krupp: the Artist Inspired by Art Nouveau.
- Artist talk. Leonid Varushkin
- Andrey Eletsky works in different genres. In his paintings, the artist often experiments with form, style and combinationas of colours.
- The personages of Natalia Govorukhina's series may appear fictional characters, and the stories unfolding in the paintings may seem to be taken from fairy tales. However, in fact, all artworks are based on real events, and the prototypes for the characters are taken by the artist from life.
- In her watercolours, the artist Natalya Dmitrieva shares the impressions of her trips around Russia and abroad.
- Artist talk. Alexander Saidov
- The artist Nikolai Petrov, born and raised in Alametyevsk, in the Republic of Tatarstan, depicts the landscapes of his native region.
- The creative method and style of the artist Alexander Saidov are based on a deep understanding of the main styles of European painting. Not only the artist relies on the foundations of Realism, but he also aspires to the classical techniques characteristic of European art of the 17th-18th centuries.